Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Crafty Pad - GDT

After having a week off card making (with the exception of this card) I am looking forward to creating tonight!!! It was my youngest son's 5th birthday on thursday so I spent the week preparing for his 4 parties!!  It certainly has been tiring but well worth it. I have loved every minute of it as has Logan!! I will post pics sometime this week.
As I posted last week,  I was asked to be a GDT member at The Crafty Pad for the month of Nov so this is my first card for them and the challenge is paper piecing!! It really was a challenge for me as I have never done paper piecing with a digi image so I had to really think about the papers I wanted to use. I was given this cute scarecrow image  - Sammy Scarecrow (which you can get HERE) to create with and I thought the papers I used were just perfect for him!!!

All of the paper I used was from my paper stash that somebody gave me so I don't know exactly where it is from but lie I said thought it was perfect for this image!! So the only parts I coloured with tria markers  are the face, socks, hair, scarf, blue glove and the bird. The rest I paper pieced then I used the papers I used to paper piece as the background. I then just added the raffia and a couple of buttons. I didn't think it needed anything else as the background paper was enough!!
So if you haven't come from The Crafty Pad then head on over there now to see what the rest of the DT have created!!!

3 comments:

  1. Alethea, this is fantastic!Great debut as GDT at The Crafty Pad this month! Congrats!
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alethea your card is brilliant - your buttons and papers are perfect. :) Look forward to having you with us this month. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Leath, Sammy looks fantastic. Glad Logan enjoyed his birthday celebrations can't wait to see the pics.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!